Monday, August 4, 2014

Walks, sports, sleep and time-travel

I've got little ideas here and there, but nothing cohesive enough for an entire post... and then no writing gets done.  Might as well clean out the ol' brain.

-I was walking down the street to get lunch today when one of my black flats completely fell apart.  I mean suddenly I could feel the ground, and my shoe looked like a mouth with a wagging tongue.  Granted, the shoes were about three years old, and I walk everywhere, and I knew they were getting worn, but I wasn't expecting such a sudden and undignified end.  And naturally it was a very crowded walk home.  Hopefully, if anything, people's eyes were drawn to the cute baby in the Ergo and not my flapping foot.

-On another occasion, I was pushing Thumper in the stroller and had to swerve to get around a guy who was walking straight at me, head down, totally clueless about his surroundings.

He was working to solve a Rubik's Cube.  I am not even joking.  Kids these days.

-I don't know which I'm more excited about: the beginning of another season of Doctor Who or the new Seahawks season.  I didn't grow up a football fan, but it's something I've gotten into as an adult and it coexists quite happily with my more nerdy interests.  Thumper has also attended, in utero, a Seahawks game and a theater presentation of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode.  Keeping him well-rounded early on.
Generic onesie from Ross that I think depicts the Seahawks win over the Broncos in the Superbowl


-Sleep update: Amazingly, starting that day the swing died, Thumper has had almost every nap in the crib, with much less fussing than before.  Yes, there are some times when it's clear he's just not going to sleep, and I try again later, and yet all told he mostly has either two decent naps or three small naps a day.

We were doing so well after one week that I told the Yeti that after the second week, if all went well, I wanted to put the swing in storage and move the jumper in its place, thus freeing up more space to roll around and learn to crawl.  Yes, well.  Then at the end of the week, I had two dental appointments.  Both times, when I came home, Thumper was sleeping in the (still lifeless) swing.  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a twinge of annoyance - was the Yeti undoing all my work?  But, you know, the Yeti is the father, not the babysitter; he doesn't have a list of rules that must be followed.  And, he doesn't have the ability to nurse him to sleep.  If the swing was the only way Thumper would sleep, so be it.  It hasn't seemed to have undone anything.  Meanwhile, I'm still wondering how he managed to get Thumper to sleep in a broken swing.

-Thumper's teething ring is shaped like a foot.  Am I the only one who finds that a little odd?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting baby detective agency, It was very useful for me & I followed & like you blog post. We at Megastag Detective Agency Leading detective agency in Delhi expertise in all types of personal detectives services in all major cities in India.

    ReplyDelete