Monday, August 18, 2014

12 in 2014: August


Our AC is broken.  Since we live in an apartment, this is a job for maintenance, but they think it requires a part that just happens to be on order and hopefully (hopefully!) will arrive early this week.  So far Monday is almost over and nothing yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  We've all been wearing as little clothing as possible, and Thumper has pretty much been in just a diaper.  

He was starting to become considerably more cuddly in recent weeks, but this heat has him really appreciating his space.  Today we met with friends for lunch, and because we were going to a small place at lunchtime, I wore Thumper in the Ergo.  I thought the place would be air-conditioned, but I was wrong (though I did take him out while I was waiting for my food, to let him air out a bit).  

I've noticed he's also becoming visibly more affected by the outside world; when we're out and about for any length of time, he seems noticeably glad to be home once we're done, just like, well, a little human being.  

So a busy lunch in a warm Ergo with people who are more or less strangers to him - even though we were only out for an hour, he was definitely glad to be home, surrounded by the familiar.  The crib is a comparatively cool place, and even though it wasn't nap time, he played in there for a good 20 minutes: rolling around, stretching out, playing peek-a-boo through the bars, generally relaxing.  

That is, relaxing as much as you possibly can when you're literally the hottest you've ever been in your entire life.  My sweet snowy child.

Breaking news: Today I was listed on Top Baby Blogs.  It's exciting to me, because it's how I've found many of my own favorite blogs from the past few years.  I'm trying to get my own readers now, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd click the banner below or in the sidebar - there's no registration or anything required.  You can also vote once a day, if you're so inclined. 


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting baby detective agency, It was very useful for me & I followed & like you blog post. We at Megastag Detective Agency Leading detective agency in Delhi expertise in all types of personal detectives services in all major cities in India.

    ReplyDelete