Thursday, July 3, 2014

Well Played, Lucie

So a few years ago, long before I was pregnant with Thumper, Pinterest introduced the concept of "secret boards" and I started one for the potential future pregnancy/baby.  I pinned an article that was a list of baby registry basics (though I never wound up having a registry) and a million pictures of maternity clothes (incidentally, all of which would prove to be completely the wrong season when I actually was pregnant).  Then I lost interest in Pinterest altogether, and forgot about checking any pins whilst pregnant.

A few months ago I remembered, and checked out that newborn list, which is from a site called Lucie's List.  Oh, if only I'd actually remembered it while I was buying everything!  The funniest part was that I actually independently purchased many items from the list, from the very big like the Pack'n'Play Napper as a bassinet to the not-so-big like this Skip Hop diaper bag (which I got in a killer Black Friday deal, if I may brag).  I would have probably done almost as much back-and-forth review-reading anyway, but it wouldn't have been starting from zero.

I signed up for the site's email list, which sends you additional information and recommendations as your baby grows.  Yet, somehow, I keep forgetting about it.  And that's why I'll go nuts researching some developmental issue or product to buy, only to have an email about it pop up a few days later.

I refer to these emails as "Lucie," even though I know the woman who runs it is named Meg - Lucie is her daughter.  Still, I'll tell the Yeti, "Lucie sent an email about sleeping through the night" or "Lucie's done it again!" (referring to recommending a product right after I bought it).  Most recently this happened with high chairs; I agonized for a few days, pulled the trigger and ordered one, and the very next day got an email with high chair recommendations.  And yes, mine was on the list; this was actually reassuring.  I had also already ordered the bowls and spoons she wound up recommending.  One thing I hadn't thought of?  Bibs.

You got me that time, Lucie.

*Note: I haven't assembled the high chair or started solids yet with Thumper, who turns six months in a few days.  The Yeti is particularly excited about starting this so I think it'll be soon.

**Also, I know so many blogs have sponsors but this isn't one of them.  All products and sites are mentioned because I actually use them voluntarily.  Hardly anyone is reading this, much less paying me.
Diaper bag in action

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting baby detective agency, It was very useful for me & I followed & like you blog post. We at Megastag Detective Agency Leading detective agency in Delhi expertise in all types of personal detectives services in all major cities in India.

    ReplyDelete