Monday, December 1, 2014

Whoa, whoa, whoa

So this is a post about how time keeps sneaking past me.  This past month?  Gone in a flash!  But there are reasons for that - for example, one of my siblings (with family) is coming to visit next week, so even though I knew Thanksgiving was on its way, the REAL family get-together wasn't here yet.  And I have cleaning and organizing to do.   And so on.

But on a larger scale, I feel like one day I woke up and Thumper had gone from Tiny Baby to Near Toddler.  He's almost eleven months old, which is just a blink from being a year old.  He's not walking yet, but he's creeping along the edges of furniture, and standing on his own for a few seconds at a time.  We've had to block off parts of the living area with fences to create a baby paddock.  Basically, low-level toddling!  Crazy.

A week ago I looked around and realized that though Thumper has toys, they're all more of the baby variety and not particularly challenging anymore.  We even still have the soft collapsible activity gym out, though to be fair it's been stripped of toys and used more as a fort and balance bar for a few months.  So over the weekend we got an activity table and a shape-sorter (yes, I know Christmas is coming.  I also know there's no real point in waiting an extra month for something stimulating and besides, at this age it's probably better to dole out the toys a few at a time than in one overwhelming clump).

Yesterday I was sorting through Thumper's clothes, pulling out everything too small.   I went into the drawer where I stash the too-big clothing I bought in advance and realized he could now fit into a few pieces.  In fact, they were the only pieces left.  I'm officially out of clothing I bought in advance, because basically I wasn't sure how fast he would grow and I couldn't really visualize a baby that was over a year old or wearing clothing bigger than 18 months.  But now here I am, buying clothes in 12-18 months and the size after that is 2T.  T for toddler.

The other day I was at Target and looked at their Baby's First Christmas onesies.  Then I realized there was no point, because that brand runs small and they only stocked up to 9 months.  He's pretty much out of the baby section.

If it sounds like I'm sitting here with a glazed look of shock on my face it's because I am.  Probably because the last few weeks have been one reminder after another that time is flying, combined with the usual holiday tearjerker stuff.  But I'm not moping around like Albert from the Birdcage all the time, I promise.  Because there's no time!  Company is coming in a week!  Did I mention Thumper has a cousin almost exactly the same age?  I'm actually really excited and can't wait for the double trouble.

Though I don't know why I bother with impatience, since apparently I just need to sneeze and the week will have flown by already.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting baby detective agency, It was very useful for me & I followed & like you blog post. We at Megastag Detective Agency Leading detective agency in Delhi expertise in all types of personal detectives services in all major cities in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete