Sunday, September 7, 2014

Good Pain and Bad Pain

Just about every inch of me is aching.

First, there's my teeth. One thing I do regret about my pregnancy is that I  dropped the ball, before and during and after, with dental visits.  I went from a cavity-free visit, to moving, to putting off finding a new dentist for a year, to getting pregnant.

Likely the change in the PH of my saliva, and the massive amounts of Tums I consumed every night, led to massive issues.  I felt fine during the pregnancy, but almost immediately after I knew I had cavities.  And still put off doing anything for months.

So now I've just completed getting my most recent round of fillings.  I've been scheduling these appointments on the weekend so the Yeti doesn't have to take off work for the baby.  I metabolize Novocain quickly so I get extra shots.  It'll be nice to look forward to the weekend for a change.

Then there's everything else.  As I think I mentioned before, I lost most of my "baby weight" immediately but then put it almost all back on in the first few months after Thumper was born, likely in the form of cookies and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.  The scale has stayed put for about four months, but it's not reversing, either.

Also, my back and core have never been the same, and it hurts to hold Thumper for more than a minute.  I'm ok with being this size, holding off on dieting til I'm done nursing, but I'm tired of how weak I feel.

So I decided to go back to barre classes while Thumper is young enough that I can get the price for new moms.  I did it before getting pregnant and loved it, only stopping because I was limited to walking while I was high-risk.  It means going super early, before the Yeti goes to work, but most days I'm up then anyway.  

So now I've got two classes in a row under my belt and everything is sore.  I cough and I double up, clutching my abs.  I sit on the floor and I can't figure out how to get back up.  This is pain I anticipated, though, when I signed up.  I'm looking forward to getting fitter, and hopefully smaller too.

Speaking of smaller, there was also the pain of having to buy new workout clothes because the old ones were too small.  While trying on my old stuff to see what fit, I got stuck in my sports bra and had to jump up and down to shimmy out.  Only gravity and inertia saved me from having my arms trapped above my head til the Yeti got home.  Sadly, there is no Ibuprofen for my dignity.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting baby detective agency, It was very useful for me & I followed & like you blog post. We at Megastag Detective Agency Leading detective agency in Delhi expertise in all types of personal detectives services in all major cities in India.

    ReplyDelete